Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What a motorcycling day!

After a brief ride on my 1977 R100 with Velorex sidecar I went and did some volunteer work for a few hours then went to work on the bikes.  Rolled out the R60, Checked all my settings but still more backfire than running.  Through the carb and, also, still poor fuel flow from the carb so I'm pulling those suckers off tomorrow and doing a gumout spray can overhaul.

Moved over to the R80, replaced the fuel lines torqued the head, installed the battery (new), set up the fuel tank and fired her up. Varooom! it runs and pretty nice too.  Called Ed on the cell and left a BMW running with an rpm rev voice mail......he texted back quickly.......and happy too, sounded more than me.  Tomorrow I'll  recheck the fluids, add more fuel and run a while longer.  While the tank was off I topped off the brake fluid and checked over the wires again too. I'll  recheck the head torque before restart and make sure everything else is snug.

BUT STILL the R60 is not where it should be.......I don't want to get frustrated with it so it's better to tinker then take a break.  It will run by weeks end.

No comments:

Post a Comment