Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What happened to Tuesday?

Sorry but NO work on the projects.  I feel better and should be back on my feet today.  Yesterday I may have done something stupid but I don't think so.  Looking for used parts on the internet I ran across a supposed parts bike ad but it turned out to be something even better and bought it for a future project.  And it was only about 2 miles from my friends Annapolis, MD home that I visit.

So, what did I pick up?

 

A real "Barn" find, from an estate. Always dealer maintained, ridden last summer 1977 R100/7.  I think it will be just a clean and go bike.  Only thing I found wrong with it was a low tire on hack.
(The picture was provided by the executor.  I forgot to take one with my phone.)

I remember when I was living in Texas back in the 70's, helped a friend remove his bike (R90) with sidecar from a barbed wire fence that he tangled up with after getting a blowout on the sidecar and loosing control winding up staring at some heifers just outside of Marfa.

No comments:

Post a Comment