Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday, Day of rest? No, not really.

Went to the shop today for more tinkering.  Installed the battery I had charging overnight and powered up, checking lights and seeing if I had spark on the plugs.  Flushed out the fuel tank and put it back into position, fuel cocks seem to be working and not leaking.  Removed the carb fuel bowls, nice and clean no corrosion but did a once through cleaning of the carbs.  Getting ready for the start up but that will be tomorrow evening.

Need to pick up a fuel cap gasket and rivet.  I freshened the fuel lines, all systems are ready for launch, green go on the neutral light, gen light working, oil pressure light working, head lamp H/L, turn signals and brake light up.

Ordered new foot peg rubber off ebay, NOS R60/5.  Hardware list is complete, not changing much,  still would like stock mufflers but that's a week away.  I registered the bike the other day and have my new "Historic" MD tag to proudly display.  Valve settings were checked, points checked as well as plug gap.   Have cancer treatment in the morning then off the NJ to pick up a R80/7  ($1200) that will be the fall back bike if I am not happy with the local test runs.  Only the engine is disassembled but not too much,  And really had no problems, just one of those wanna-do's that never got done.  Should be able to get that back together "toot-sweet"   ('tout de suite" if you prefer).

That's it for todays progress.  I'm on a mission and that keeps me going.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment