Sunday, June 15, 2014

Another Airhead Sunday.

Well today is very different.  I will not be working on the bikes today.  This morning I went and picked up Bob's (New To Him) 1971 R75/5 that he bought off Craigslist.  $2000.  Not too bad and very fairly priced.  A rider for sure, not a beauty queen.  Runs and rides well and everything you would expect in a bike of this vintage.  Many new parts and some still needing.  Bob has been coming over and helping where he can on my R60 and had the BMW Airhead bug for some time.  Today that need was filled.


Seems happy to me!

The rest of today is resting up for tomorrows biopsy.  Something I do not enjoy at all.  It really knocks me down for a while and I already started taking the antibiotics needed for good after the fact results.  I might go later and look over the wiring on the R80 but not much else.

Big update....so I went back to the shop to mess with the R80 but I couldn't keep my eyes off the R60 wondering why I can't keep it running.  I readjusted the timing a bit an VaRoooooom!  She started right up on the second kick.  I ran it for a few minutes just to make sure I was not dreaming.  A little more tweaking and ready for the road.  I feel much better and now happily look towards tomorrow (not really).  One down and one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment