Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thanks Ed!

Yesterday I got an email from Ed of Annapolis.  He offered a white Luftmeister  fairing he had just removed from his new to him 1975 R90.  So I drove right over to his place and picked it up.  He gave me a nice back rack and helmet box too.  Also he had another fairing in a dark chocolate brown color.  I'd like to pay in forward so if you need it drop me a line and it's yours. (If you want to send something to Ed I'll pass his info on to you).




Here is Ed with his 1975 R90, full engine and drivetrain overhauled too!  Very nice original paint and patina.  Thanks again Ed,  your gifted parts will make my trip more "bug in my teeth" free.

Today I will try to start the bike.  Yesterday I also noticed that although there is a gas cap on the tank there are no inner parts, just the cap so I'll have to find one of those too.  I'm going to make my list and see what I have in my inventory of spares.

1 comment:

  1. Was great meeting you! I wish you all the best, and will be checking the blog to make sure you get on your way. If you need any help, feel free to reach out. -Ed

    ReplyDelete