Monday, June 9, 2014

The nicest people have BMWs.

Phase two of my adventure has started.  Before buying the R60 I inquired about an R80/7 in New Jersey that was for sale and disassembled...but priced very well.  I had made contact with the owner, heard the story about the bike and decided that if the R60 does not pass its test runs it would be nice to have an alternate bike to use for the trip....boom!...I bought the R80.  A quick trip to Woodbury, NJ...a quick overview of the disassembled bike and eyeball inventory and $1050 later it was loaded onto the truck for a ride back to Maryland.  Ed and his wife were very nice to meet, the bike was well cared for in his ownership since 1980 and to me, not that disassembled, more like apart for decarbonizing and a new clutch disk.  I promised Ed he can ride it any time he comes down or even if I drive up.
 

And I should have added....it's never that easy.  After I had my preop doctor visit in Baltimore I drove to Northeast, MD to help my friend Rich with...Ahumm..one thing on his boat...well that turned into three and not all that easy all done out on the mooring with a 15 mph breeze.  That was for the use of his truck that I filled with gas (the tank was almost empty) and I left him my car to drive to his other house near me, forgetting my cargo straps in the trunk and power cord for my cellphone that was almost dead.  See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment