Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Getting closer.

Today I tried to start the R60.  It ran for about 30 seconds then stopped.  No fuel flow.  Have enough fuel in the tank it's just not getting to the carbs fast enough.  I'll work on the problem tomorrow.  Also, I wish the Federal Government made people take a test before they are allowed to use silicone.  The tank on the R60 has enough on it to seal most bathroom shower stalls and tubs.  I've been picking at it all day on and off to try to remove it so I can properly install the knee pads.  You'll see what I mean in the photo.


On the R80 I continued using up the parts found in boxes, bags, tins and plastic cups.  I'm down to a small handful and know where they go, it just takes time to clean and inspect them before installing.  The most difficult job for me today was installing the rubber cover for the driveshaft to trans.  Went on ok but I always have trouble making the camps look even.
 
The next major purchase will be one new carburetor piston.  The one I have was left unprotected while in storage and is damaged.            I think it prices out at about $90 plus tax at Bob's BMW.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment