Thursday, June 26, 2014

Now What?

The R80 is almost finished.  Just need another once over and fill the tank. 

Todays efforts were on the R60.  I setup a test light and popped the flywheel plug, turned the flywheel to "S" and adjusted the plate with the test light.  It started right up but soon ran out of fuel.  Yes, valves were open but fuel bowls did not fill so I must have some sticking float valves.  It started to get hot out so the bike went back into the shop and I started the final checking of all my wires, connections, nuts, bolts, screws and you get the picture. 

Went to Bob's BMW picked up some hardware and asked about a used center stand....they wanted $80....ouch!  Looks like I'll have to repair the one I have.

Back at the shop installed new fuel filters on the R80.

On the R60 I need to install a new seat post pin.  I'll have to gas weld it on maybe this weekend.  The old one is completely missing, but Bob's had one. So while I have the ox/ace torch out I'll take some chromemoly  and fix the stand.  Tomorrow I do my volunteer work and if I have time will start all the bikes for a while.....heck, might even go do the work on the R100sidecar rig. That would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment