Tuesday, June 3, 2014

OMG! I'm doing it again!

Wow!, I can't believe I'm doing this again.  Tony gave up his 1970 BMW R60/5 to me for a few pieces of paper, whose value is dropping everyday.  The bike is loaded, the bike is strapped down, the bike is on it's way to a new adventure in travel across the USA. 

I've done this before and I guess once it is in your blood it never leaves.  I've taken a fall or two, got up, dusted my self off, picked out the pieces of gravel , relaced my shoe, thanked my helmet for doing what it does best and motored on.

Tony's bike is....well...let's just say a bike that needs a lot of LOVE.  And under all the sadness is a heart of gold, an adventure of adventures, a breath of new life ready to run down the pavement, spew it's exhaust, leave a little rubber along the way and say "I'm Back where I belong".  No more canvas cover to hide under, no more piece of plywood to keep me level on my stand, no more cobwebs between my bars nor little creepy crawly things walking up and down me wondering what I am doing here.

A NEW DAY has come to this 1970 BMW R60/5 piece of German engineering and factory pride.  It crossed an ocean to get here NOT to be hidden away, NOT to be cast aside like another possession, NOT to be neglected and NOT to say I should of; but I can.




Tony is handing over the title to me.  I'm on the left, the guy with no money in his pocket.  The bike in question is on the truck.  The truck is in Tony's driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment