Monday, August 25, 2014

So here is what is going on.

Well the bike runs...but I'm not real happy with it.  Little things keep popping up.  If not a fuel problem it's a shift problem or brakes or lights or...you get the idea.  Now I'm not really complaining, hell, it's an old bike that wasn't maintained properly over it's time away from the factory.  It sat under a tarp in some ones back yard.  It's had mis-fitting or just plain wrong parts installed and besides needing a lot of TLC it was a bike without a proper home.  It has one now and I'm slowly getting it back in shape....but it's taking longer than I wanted.  I should have been on the road, maybe even heading back by now.    The only thing that has been keeping me sane is riding my R100 sidecar rig every chance I get....mainly to build up riding time.

My friends say repaint the bike.  I like the patina, it shows its age but it also shows it's poor maintenance over the years.  To me as long as it runs strong and starts easy, that's what I want out of the bike.

Anyway, that is where the R60 stands right now.  The R80 will be on the road this weekend for a long shake-down.  I only wish it had a kick starter.  I might wind up taking it on my ride.  We Shall See.

No comments:

Post a Comment