Monday, August 4, 2014

For Sale. One left shoe soaked with gasoline.

Yeah, you guessed it.  Left carb float got stuck while riding and my foot was slowly getting fuel all over it.  I tapped on the bowl but it would not stop so I drove home with one foot in the air.  More work needed........oh, well.......

Went back to the shop and dropped the bowl.  Float seems ok and I checked the drop.  Might have to replace the needle valve.  Very frustrating but better to happen here than on the road west.

Took a break from the bike and traced the wiring on the R80's electrical problem.  Starter switch is now working but still not getting enough power to the solenoid.  Must be a week wire or internal break somewhere in the line.  I plan to put a temp wire and try again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment